The scope of online business has expanded exponentially in recent years, so much so that even small scale local businesses have come within its periphery. Recent trends in SERPs has also confirmed that search engines are moving towards local businesses in their quest for providing increasingly personalized search results for users.
The advent of SEO companies has made it far easier for small scale businesses to expand online and get great traffic. This has not only become an alternate revenue source for the local companies but also has resulted in a more profitable venture than their offline counterparts in several cases. If you have been teetering on the edge over the decision to go online or not for a while now – we advise that you do, because it is probably the best time to enter the online space. Here, we are listing the top-five reasons – why,
- Localized SEO has become a hotbed of online traffic after several search engines moved to modify their SERP indexing based on local SEO. Search Engine Results Pages are now displaying more and more of the things and businesses around a user, thanks to the improved GPS tracking of smart phones and tablets and a host of other advancements in mobile technology which lets search engines track a user’s online activities and deliver results accordingly.
If you go online with your business today, it will give you more initial visibility than ever before.
- The rise of Facebook, Twitter and Google’s multiple social media platforms has been a key factor in boosting online activity. In recent years, the potential of these platforms for marketing has been realized and nowadays they have become a viable platform for companies to run their marketing campaigns. Search engines also look up your social media records when displaying results.
So, you can run a healthy marketing campaign for your business by moving online. Ask your friends and family to share your business page and build a healthy following.
- Keywords were heavily used initially by the search engines, until their misuse became apparent. Now we have smart algorithms which can differentiate between general and specific keywords. This means the chances of your business ranking on its brand keywords have grown more than the chances of you getting traffic based on general keywords. More and more users are using conversational keywords via voice input, which is good for local businesses.
Enlist the help of a local SEO company to give your business more visibility in online searches.
- Moving further down the line of expanding your business online, you will need to ensure the quality of content on your website/s is top-notch. Search engines have software called crawlers. These programs go through your website’s code and content to take stock of its quality.
Therefore, when you are moving online make sure that you have professional help with local SEO and content. If you optimize your content for the users rather than for search engines, you are good to go, since the search engines are also working towards the end-user’s benefit.
- Smart devices are penetrating the mobile market at an exponential rate, and more people access internet using mobile devices than through traditional desktop and notebook platforms. Optimize your website’s content and SEO for mobile devices. Google and other major search engines have started rating websites on the basis of their compatibility with the medium (mobile or desktop) which is being used to access them. So make sure your local SEO settings are optimized for mobiles and tablets.
These are a few pointers in a long list of things which you can do to expand your business with local SEO. A local SEO company can help you launch online – they have professional knowledge of local SEO, and make it easier for you to manage the website’s content. Look for a professional SEO agency that has a good cumulative experience in the field and has a good portfolio of clients – expand your business online with local SEO.