The old adage that goes a picture is worth a thousand words best suits the use of infographics in the marketing profession today. With the rapid development of virtual organizations, the marketing profession has been reinvented to keep pace with these developments. Words are certainly an important element in building a brand. However, a perfect combination of the words and graphics can have a much greater impact in brand development and recognition.
There is no denying that human beings are visual creatures. Developing web content and pages that effectively capture the imagination and attention of viewers is no easy task. Competition for the eyeballs has been very intense. Information keeps growing every often. On the contrary people don’t take much time to study and analyse the whole set of information. Research shows that most people spend an average of 2-4 seconds on a Website. The use of infographics has a unique ability of capturing attention and users are more likely to extend their stay on a particular site and dig for more information.
How the Infographics Work
- The information age has ushered in an era of more and more data and information. A lot of content is being developed on a daily basis. With this data overload, there is very little time to read through all the content. Graphics display information in a manner that is more likely to be remembered and appreciated.
- As visual beings the graphics provide a means of organizing data into simple but effective ways that can be understood. Complex ideas can be broken down to stunning images that everyone can understand. People with very little financial knowledge are able to understand very complex financial concepts when they are presented inform of graphs, charts and tables.
- Infographics enhance the ability to convince. A step by step pictorial presentation of how to carry out a task can be a powerful tool to educate and convince the audience.
- Infographics increase brand awareness. Companies that have creative logos that are able to capture what they do and their product offerings have been known develop memorable brands.
- With the rapid development of social media good infographics have the ability to go viral in a short time period. Good visual appeals can be easily be shared by many people on the social platforms. In a short time period, the traffic to the site maybe overwhelming. Similarly sites from similar industries are likely to have natural linkage abilities.
Developing a Visual Language for Your Company
- Communication using graphics has become an integral part of business management. Business leaders and marketers need to tell very complex stories quickly and effectively.
- Company brands that have managed to leverage on the visual language to communicate their values, mission and goals have managed to engage consumers in a more meaningful manner.
- Infographics help distribute the company brands and products. The implementation of the infographics needs to be thoroughly researched. To achieve the best results possible, the users and consumers should be taught on the how the graphics carry the company aspirations.
Incorporating graphics in every aspect of business continue to gain prominence. Even in the least expected areas like dsa practical test the use of infographics is being appreciated.